Part of why we're doing the rice and beans week is to focus our minds on the people in Serenje. And it's great to use that to stir us to pray. I received an email from Leah at EFZ today with some prayer requests - so it's great timing! She asked if we could:
- Thank God for the church to church links programme co-ordinated by Tearfund which brought about EFZ/ Serenje – Kerith Church Link, resulting in the fulfilment of the biblical mandate on mission (Mathew 28: 19- 20: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.).
- Pray for commitment by the guardians of orphans and vulnerable children, to ensure continued attendance despite long distances from their villages.
- Year 4 started October 1st 2011 and is also the beginning of the farming season. Pray for good rains.
- Pray for volunteers as they serve the communities in view of the huge scale up in the number of orphans and vulnerable children (1700 last year to 3000 this year) and new farmers.
- EFZ Staff - Ian Kapongo, Chewe Nalomba and Leah Mutala will need your prayers for wisdom and strength as they co-ordinate the various stakeholders in the project.
- Pray for project beneficiaries to commit themselves to the sustainability strategies already being implemented.