We arrived back from Serenje on Saturday night, after an amazing week. The day we go home is always strange - seeing the sun rising in Africa and then arriving in Bracknell by 7pm. It makes you realise how small the world really is.
We had an incredible time and it's hard to know how to where to begin, but over the next few weeks Catrina and I will be sharing some of the highlights and photos. But here are a few to get us started:
- being part of a fantastic team who embraced everything with enthusiasm and interest.
- seeing how the team of volunteers doing community visits has grown and has become such a key aspect of all that is happening.
- seeing children who are loving being in school,proudly wearing their school uniform and shoes.
- meeting headteachers who have a passion and a vision for their school.
- being a handed a live chicken!
- seeing the new operating theatre and medical equipment sent over by Howard Reece-Smith and hearing how this will save lives.
- the generosity of the volunteers who gave so little themselves, sharing their lives and all they have with those who have even less.
- seeing the goats and their kids running around.
Thank you for all your prayers while we were away. It was a truly a privilege to be there and see all God is doing.